This time my daughter Sarah who is 10 wanted to make her own pie for our family as I made one to take to work for a co-workers birthday party. You will be amazed at the chef-like creation my 10 yr old daughter whipped up. Mommy helped minimally.
- Sugar cookie dough- I buy the rolls or big bucket at "SAMs", I have made from scratch but find it work better premade and already chilled.
- Cream cheese-softened-2 blocks per pizza
- Cool whip -1-8oz container per pizza( use vanilla if you want extra yummy)
- Heavy whipping cream ( optional-makes base creamier)
- Sugar -1cup per pizza
- Lemon zest or juice--or almond extract (your taste in base)
- Confectioners sugar -for glaze
- Juice of an orange -for glaze
- Assorted fresh fruit in season drained of juices-I like kiwi, blueberries,strawberries,mandarin oranges,raspberries,blackberries, bananas (slice and pat juices with paper towel so it does not run)
- Start with a pizza pan /stone or a baking/cookie sheet, place parchment paper or aluminum foil on pan to ease clean up.
- Grease foil pan with coconut oil(my preference-works great in baking).
- Take your sugar cookie dough and begin to form a huge cookie bottom on your pan.
- If you are using slice rolls , cut then approx 1in wide or so and put them down on the pan. Roll out or use your hands ( grease them first) to press the dough all over the pan.
- Your choice if you want an edge or roll around the edges.
When the base is a totally mixed and whipped together to your liking, apply to the baked cookie crust
of your pizza. I use a spatula to ease the spread of the mixture.