Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read my full disclosure statement
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Monday, July 6, 2015
How Do You Homeschool or Life-School with Chronic Illness In The Way? #homeschooling #lifeschool #chronicillness
Maybe you have a parent that is sick or your spouse is sick?
Believe it or not those are some of the best reason's on earth to homeschool or "life-school" ,as we call it here at our house, your children.
Fast forward to 2013 the unthinkable begins to unfold, our beloved grandmother, my momma starts failing fast with pneumonia that ends up being " lung cancer" that has eaten thru to her ribs. She was so ill and hospitalized after falling at home unconscious due to sepsis. My youngest daughter stayed with me in SC to help care for her until she passed away the first night in hospice ( we still believe my daddy came to get her that night, they are now together in heaven).
My husband and I both have chronic illness's, my husband is now disabled and home all the time now, which has been good for our homeschool actually. He is a great help to me when my kids need some extra motivation (if you know what I mean), especially on Mondays since I work night shift on the weekends as an ER nurse and need my sleep.
The number one thing to share about homeschooling if you or your family have a chronic illness is flexibility! You have to learn how to be flexible and that it is very ok to do things your own way.
We learned a long time ago that a more eclectic style of schooling (using many different styles of homeschooling) worked great for our family, even some un-schooling at times works for us. As long as your children are learning and growing, happy and healthy what else matters.....right!
We use a variety of online sites including Time4Learning and The Khan Academy in addition to You-tube videos to learn. I like to print off worksheets if we are on the road or need some extra practice on a particular topic. You can find many free or cheaper sites to print worksheets, such as TeachersPayTeachers, Educents, ABCTeach, and Enchanted Learning. There are so many more and many are listed here on my blog if you search for my older articles.
No matter what you use, as long as your kids are learning, thriving and growing in knowledge, nothing else matters. Others will try to tell you how to school your children, but you are their parent, you know what is best for each one. Don't let others sway your decisions or sink your ship. You are fabulous and you know it!!
Monday, June 29, 2015
You might think the photography industry is closed-off to people like you – that it’s impenetrable for anyone who’s always had a “regular” job and just taken photos as a passion or a hobby.
But let me tell you: there’s a HUGE market out there for digital photography. And what’s more, you don’t need to have been born in a darkroom to gain access to it. You need mad skills, of course. And passion – lots of passion. But contacts? Referrals? A studio? You need none of it to get started.
Every month, millions of digital photos are purchased online for use in websites, blogs, articles, marketing, materials and more. People like you are taking those photos… AND they’re getting paid for them! They’re making hundreds of dollars – and sometimes much more than that – per day.
If you truly love the idea of being a professional photographer but always believed it was out of your reach, it’s time to change those beliefs!
Not sure where to start? That’s where I come in. If you can bring the passion and photography skills, I can point you in the direction of a collection of resources that will teach you exactly how to start making money from your photos. It’s called The Ultimate Digital Photography Bundle (Business Edition), and it’s been created by the fantastic team over at Ultimate Bundles. It contains all the tools and resources you’ll need to start your own photography business NOW and create income with your pictures.
Inside the bundle you’ll find a whole range of ebooks, video training and useful document templates from today’s biggest names in digital photography – containing their secrets to not only producing stunning digital shots, but also their blueprints to building a profitable, sustainable business that puts money in your pocket on a consistent basis.
Here’s a breakdown of the topics included in The Ultimate Digital Photography Bundle (Business Edition):
- Marketing (techniques, strategies, templates, and even software to help you market your services)
- Adobe Lightroom (inspirational insights into how some of the advanced tools work)
- Studios (information for those who want to set up their own studio)
- Skills improvement (taking you beyond photography, with ebooks and video training on topics included videography and natural posing)
- Templates (an assortment of Photoshop templates and storyboards)
- Forms (business forms, policy documents, print release templates… rather boring but totally necessary – so it’s all here ready for you!)
But The Ultimate Digital Photography Bundle (Business Edition) will cost you just $97! That’s because the Ultimate Bundles team have persuaded these experts to provide their products at a hugely discounted rate!
Ready for even more good news? Ryan and Steph have also thrown in some extra-special gifts worth over $400 in total:
- $20 gift certificate toward any SpinLight 360 Package
- $15 gift certificate to Lightscoop (for pro-like photos with your built-in flash)
- $15 gift certificate to Porteen Gear (where you can buy custom-made, stylish and functional camera bags and gear)
- FREE choice of a premium video photography course from Craftsy.com (up to $50 value)
- FREE three-month subscription to the Light Inspired Women’s Photography Forum
- FREE marketing set of your choice from the Seaside Creative collection ($75 value)
- x4 FREE Volumes of Clarity Magazine – including video tutorials from top photography educators
- FREE FX Photo Studio Pro PLUS Snapheal Pro AND Intensify Pro software from MacPhun which will help to give you a vast number of ultra-powerful adjustments for your photos (combined value $129.97)
Click here to check out The Ultimate Digital Photography Bundle (Business Edition)!
You can buy with complete confidence because you’re covered by the Ultimate Bundles 30-day money-back guarantee. That means you have a full month to try out all the ebooks and video courses in the bundle, and if you don’t think they justify the price or they weren’t what you were hoping for, you can get a full refund.
But remember: it’s on sale for this week only – until Monday, June 29, 2015 at midnight! After that, it’s gone for good!
HURRY!! Last Day is TODAY!!
It’s SO important to savor it all… to relish those moments. But you know what’s equally important, if you ask me? To be able to look back and relish those moments all over again. A month from now. A year from now. Fifty years from now.
And that’s where photographs come in. These days, it’s so easy to get snap-happy at a moment’s notice: we just reach into our purses for our smartphones or miniscule cameras and start clicking away at anything and everything.
The problem is… it’s so easy for those photos to come out badly! You think you’ve taken a wonderful picture of your beautiful boy standing by himself for the first time, but actually you’ve managed to capture the moment when he falls down and starts wailing! You think you’ve snapped a stunning image of a horse galloping along the beach, but actually it’s just a dark blob against an overexposed background. You think you’ve achieved the perfect shot of your wonderful parents laughing together on their anniversary, but you take a look and you’ve managed to capture… a blur.
If you can relate, I have good news for you! My friends Ryan and Steph at Ultimate Bundles have put together an incredible product to help with your photography woes. It’s called The Ultimate Digital Photography Bundle (Beginner’s Edition), and it contains a curated collection of ebooks and video training guides to help you become a better photographer.
All the resources have been provided by professional, world-renowned photographers who are experts in teaching others – even complete beginners. You won’t need to switch up to a more expensive camera to make full use of the bundle (even if you just use your iPhone for photographs), and you don’t need to neglect your family for weeks upon weeks of training! You can learn everything in little chunks – whenever you have a spare moment.
Click here to see the full range of ebooks and training courses included in The Ultimate Photography Bundle (Beginner’s Edition).
There’s even better news! Everything in the bundle has a combined total value of $555, but for this week only, The Ultimate Bundles Team is selling the entire bundle for just $37 – a discount of more than 90%! What’s more, they’re also throwing in a FREE copy of FX Photo Studio Pro software from MacPhun (which provides stunning filters and photography effects) worth $29.99!
Click here to buy The Ultimate Digital Photography Bundle (Beginner’s Edition) for just $37.
No blurriness, no exposure nightmares, no bad angles. Just perfect, happy memories!
Friday, June 5, 2015
We snack all the time at home since we are doing school at home, its so easy to fall into bad habits, so I have been searching for healthier options for my kids snack habits (and my own).
These chips will disappear as soon as you get them out of the oven. Try this recipe for original flavored kale chips or spice them up with other herbs and essential oils for more options. Try garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and Lemon essential oil for an Italian twist, or cumin and Cilantro essential oil for Mexican-style chips. The options are endless!
What You Need:
1 large bunch kale, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 drops Lemon essential oil (add others that you like)
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 2oo degrees.
2. Wash and dry kale thoroughly.
4. Put kale in a large mixing bowl and toss in oils.
5. Make sure all of the kale is well coated with oils by massaging each piece. Once coated, place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Nobody likes a pest in the house, the little creepy crawly boogers can overrun your household before you know it. There are many home remedies that you can use very simply to rid your home of pests. Keeping it simple is always better, safer than harsh chemicals.
This awesome infographic by PartSelect.com shows how to start your DIY pest control at home.
Starting at the source -
- Wipe down counters with vinegar and water
- Fix leaky faucets- insects are attracted to the water
- Transfer dry goods (cereals, flour, rice etc) to sealed containers or jars
- Rinse your recycles- jars, cans etc
- Use a trash can with a lid (I spray some essential oils in mine to deter pests and help with odor)
- Make sure your drains are clean from leftovers- pour baking soda and vinegar down the drain (cool homeschool science project) and then after 5 min. rinse with boiling hot water to clean.
- Removing excess food particles and sources of food for the pests can send them packing in search for other food.
- To eliminate ant traffic, sprinkle coffee grounds around windows and doors
- For Ants mix 1 cup of Borax with 1 cup of sugar. Pour mix into small jars, poke holes in the jar lids. The sweet smell of the sugar will lure in the ants and dead they will be.
- Spiders can be kept at bay by combining equal parts vinegar and water, then spraying the mixture over the places the spiders are entering. Peppermint oil works well too.
- Fight fruit flies with apple cider vinegar! The sweet smell of the vinegar will attract the flies. Place a couple tablespoons of vinegar in a cup, cover the top with plastic wrap and poke holes in the plastic.
- Repel cockroaches with beer- pour into saucers and place on floor or in cabinets etc.
- DIY cleaning all purpose cleaning, mix plain castile soap with a few drops each of peppermint and lemon essential oils, add water. Put in a spray bottle and use anywhere you need a clean fresh scent with great cleaning properties.
- Keep bugs out with Essential Oils, check out the infographic for all the great uses of oils and which ones to use.
Keeping bugs from biting you and the kids:
- Whip up your own insect repellent with essential oils of rosemary, clove, eucalyptus, cinnamon, lavender, and mint. Add witch hazel and water, mix together in a spray bottle. Great smelling and bugs don't like it.
- Try TerraShield- repellent blend by Doterra ( my favorite blend for working in my yard)
Until next time, God bless you and your home
HERE to order and start living a much healthier lifestyle.
Sunday, May 10, 2015
Mother's Day is for me bittersweet as I lost my mother to lung cancer in February of 2014. My wounds are still raw and sore internally, as I continue thru the grieving process. Knowing that she is in heaven with my dad is such comfort to me and this poem I found tonight online was so touching to me. I wanted to share with others that might be grieving the loss of a loved one on the Mother's Day 2015 too.
A Mother’s Crown
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Are the inmates running the asylum?
I hear you. Sometimes I look around my house and wonder how things got so out of hand.
When I was a little girl, I dreamed about getting married, becoming a mommy, and having my own home.
I imagined a home that was more than just 4 walls, a roof, and a mortgage.
I wanted to make a special place that was a magical mash-up of:
- a school,
- a playground,
- a refuge,
- a boo-boo “fix it” station,
- a “you can do it” pep rally, and
- a safe place for personal expression, sharing and growth.
…laundry, diapers, stretch marks, and never-ending meal prep… money worries, gritty floors, soap scum, and the stain that won’t come out of my son’s favorite shirt… holiday stress, and teaching my daughter to read (and master long division)… a husband who works long hours (or maybe does not), a kid with the sniffles, stomach aches and a fever… and a secret dream to run my own little business from home.
And that’s why Erin and Stephanie created the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle… because as rewarding as it is, homemaking is hard work and it doesn't always come easily.
I can’t wait to tell you all about it!To help you nurture the beauty and productivity in your home and family relationships with proven, simple, and effective tools that really give you a boost as a homemaker – help, inspiration, tips, encouragement, resources at your fingertips…
… the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle is just for you.
It is a complete library of carefully selected eBooks, eCourses, audios, online conferences, and printable packs designed to help you turn your house into a home… without all the overwhelm.
What’s in the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle?The first step in putting together this collection was to find the critical homemaking skills that you need to transform your house into a home.
Here they are:
- Cleaning… create a healthy, toxin-free home
- DIY/Homemade… fun and frugal ways to express your personal style
- Devotionals and Faith… take a break from the daily grind to renew yourself
- Finances… build a budget that works
- Cooking and Meal Planning… serve easier, tastier meals in less time
- Holidays and Special Events… brighten up old family traditions and create new
- Homeschooling… homeschool with grace and ease
- Marriage… heat up your marriage
- Motherhood… find peace, balance & joy in mothering
- Organizing… conquer the clutter and simplify your life
- Pregnancy and Babies… enjoy a healthy pregnancy and prepare to nurture your baby
- Health and Wellness… soothe aches & pains with natural remedies
- Working from Home… hone your talents, live your passions and earn money to help your family
… a complete library of 99 eBooks and eCourses to help you nurture the beauty and productivity in your home and family relationships.
Are there too many books in the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle?Let me ask you a question.
Have you ever taken your family out for a buffet dinner… and then been disappointed when you couldn’t eat every single morsel on display?
Of course not!
Sure. There’s that first, breath-taking moment when you see and hear and smell the amazing meal spread before you… and you think, “Where will I even start?”
But that’s the thing… because you do start… with something.
Maybe it’s a tender flaky biscuit, or a piece of delicious roast beef, or maybe you’re like me and start with a piece of pie (mmm, blueberry or apple with whipped cream)?
So relax, enjoy, and start anywhere you like. Come back to the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle “buffet” as many times as you like. It’s all here for you.
Is the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle worth it?In a word… yes!
To be absolutely certain, Erin and Stephanie asked questions, tried techniques and just about drove themselves crazy making sure that the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle was the very best homemaking resource anywhere.
They dug through hundreds of websites and connected with dozens of authors and teachers.
And then we all worked together to make these resources the most affordable possible.
And They Were Delighted to Help…The result? This collection is a fraction of the price of what someone would pay for each resource individually!
For a short time, the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle… a complete library of:
- 76 eBooks
- 6 eCourses
- 1 audio download
- 2 online conferences, and
- 14 printable packs
That breaks down to 30 cents per book.
Your 30-Day 100% Satisfaction GuaranteeIf for any reason, you decide that the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle is not for you, then please send an email to customerservice@Ultimate-Bundles.com and we will refund 100% of your investment. No questions asked.
Don’t Forget the Bonuses…Of course, no Ultimate Homemaking Bundle would be complete without the generous, inspiring gifts donated by companies that understand homemakers like you. Every gift is yours to keep and enjoy.
- Choose 1 FREE Online Class from Craftsy (Select from 24 of Their Most Popular Classes – Up to $60 Value)
- 1 FREE Kids Discovery Box from Green Kid Crafts ($19.95 Value)
- FREE $15 Credit to Hope Ink PLUS 2 FREE 8×10 Art Prints ($71 Value)
- FREE 90-Day “Good Deal” Subscription to She Plans Dinner ($15 Value)
- Choose 1 FREE Stylish Spring Scarf from Deborah & Co. ($20 Value)
- FREE $80 Healthy Moving Class Credit ($80 Value)
- FREE 90-Day Pro Membership to ListPlanIt ($30 Value)
- FREE 65 Tyndale Rewards Points to Be Used for a FREE Book or Towards Any Book of Your Choice ($15 Value)
Now It’s Your TurnI think Laura Ingalls Wilder said it best…
“Just as a little thread of gold, running through a fabric, brightens the whole garment, so women’s work at home, while only the doing of little things, is just like the golden gleam of sunlight that runs through and brightens the whole fabric of civilization.”
The proven, simple, and effective skills you need to transform your house into a home are all waiting for you in the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle.
This is your chance to get all the love, support, guidance and inspiration you need to nurture the beauty and productivity in your home and family relationships with proven, simple, and effective tools that really give you a boost as a homemaker.
But time is running out! The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle will only be available from 8:00 a.m. EST on Monday, April 20 until 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, April 27.
After that, the shopping cart closes and the deeply discounted price is gone.
Read the fine print about this bundle and read the answers to frequently asked questions about the bundle.
I do receive a monetary commission (that helps my family)from each purchase, see my disclosure policy for more information.
I am in love with this awesome bundle!! ordering mine right now! I can't believe it's only $29.97, wow!
Saturday, March 14, 2015
This easy to make and take pie is a great kid friendly helper recipe. Using math in the kitchen is a great way to teach life skills that your homeschoolers will remember later on. I keep a vast assortment of measuring tools in my kitchen to help teach them weights and measures.
Thursday, February 19, 2015
How many of you suffer from depression, sadness ,dysthymia, constant feelings of worthlessness or guilt over something out of your control? Well join the club sista, we are all in this together!
Depression is a life sucking debilitating problem that has followed me for many years now, beginning when I was a teenager.
I have learned to hide my sadness fairly well until the last few years, I am usually a smiling happy go lucky appearing person on the outside, in public mostly. My family can attest that at home it is a totally different story. Home is where you find me in bed on bad days, no energy to do anything, up all night due to insomnia. On medication I am better some days, but it is a constant struggle to get anything done.
Slowly and day by day, I am learning how to sail my ship myself with prayerful guidance from above.
Without prayer and turning my struggles over to God, I would be nothing, He is my Rock and my salvation.
Lets focus on just what is depression, you need to recognize and then accept that you have an actual problem. It is really easy to blame your problems on other people, but take a good hard look at yourself first. It's ok, we all make mistakes and take the wrong paths in life. I have taken many paths of resistance and learned how to get back on the right path again.
Lack of Concentration
Overeating or Loss of Appetite
Thoughts of Suicide
Monday, February 16, 2015
This giveaway is awesome $6000 worth of natural, eco-friendly, green living love! Starting today 2/16 and running until 2/23 you have the chance to win some sweet prizes!
So enter now!! It will warm your heart for sure! Be sure to tell your friends and family.
Living green, healthy and organic is more than the products you buy or the lingo you use. It's about the day to day choices we make. Buying from a company that has our family's health at the core of their being or choosing to recycle. Simply taking a moment to pick trash off the ground or buying used are small steps that make a huge difference. The #BigGreenGiveaway is one more step. Each of the companies listed here are all living green, healthy and organic and they want to help you as you make those green or greener choices.
Friday, February 6, 2015
Super excited about participating in the Big Green Giveaway. I try my best to eat as much organic type foods and try to promote a healthy lifestyle to my family. I always want to learn more about natural and organic living, it is such a better lifestyle for our families.
I am eager to see what the Natural Organic Network is all about. They are kicking off their site with a crunchtastic giveaway!!
The giveaway begins on February 16th so you gotta join now and get in on all the good stuff that is coming, time is running out. Sign Up HERE
If you are a blogger and want to get in on all the action, you can sign up as a blogging guru and join in the giveaway promoting your blog in the process.
A new group, Natural Organic Network has put together a giveaway of all natural and organic products currently valued at over $5000.00!
Come on and lets learn more about being crunchy!!
Thursday, January 29, 2015
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
This is your last chance to take advantage of the Stella & Dot January Stylist signup special. Through 1/31, every stylist who signs up will get $450 in free accessories, plus the chance to earn a $199 starter kit rebate. Don't wait for your opportunity, create it by signing up today! -http://www.stelladot.com/stylist
Finish Every Day and Be Done With It
You have done what you could
Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in;
Forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a New Day;
You Shall Begin It serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense
"Ralph Waldo Emerson"