Recipe and photo credit to the Tasty Kitchen , visit to find more great recipes!
Ingredients2 whole Ripe Bananas, Mashed Until Creamy
⅓ cups Peanut Butter, Creamy Or Chunky
⅔ cups Unsweetened Applesauce
¼ cups Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Butter Extract, Optional
1-½ cup Quick Oatmeal, Uncooked
¼ cups Chopped Peanuts
¼ cups Carob Chips Or Chocolate Chips, Optional
- Preheat heat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana and peanut butter until completely combined
- Then add in the applesauce, vanilla protein powder and vanilla and butter extracts.
- Mix again until completely combined.
- Add in the oatmeal and nuts to the banana mixture and combine.
- (Add the optional carob/chocolate chips at this time if you want them mixed throughout.)
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flatten cookies into circles, about a 1/3″ thick. (If you want the optional carob/chocolate chips on the top of the cookies, push them into the cookies now.)
- Bake cookies approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown and done.
- Remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack. (If you want the traditional fork tine marks on the cookies, use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to score the tops of the cookies while they’re still warm.)