What can you do about bullying?
Teach your kids what bullies are, what cyberbullies are. Respect for others begins at home, teach your kids to respect others, that way they don't become the bully.
Have a plan if your child is ever bullied, they already know it is ok to come to you and tell you about the activity. If a friend is being bullied it is ok to tell a parent or another adult, just standing by and doing nothing will not help the problem go away.
Educate yourself and your family about violence. Do it now!
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies Psalm18:3
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
- Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
- 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4 percent of the time.
- Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
- 1 in 7 students in grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
- 56 percent of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
- Over two-thirds of students believe that schools respond poorly to bullying, with a high percentage of students believing that adult help is infrequent and ineffective.
- 71 percent of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- 90 percent of 4th through 8th graders report being victims of bullying.
- 1 out 10 students drop out of school because of repeated bullying.
- Harassment and bullying have been linked to 75 percent of school-shooting incidents.
- Physical bullying increases in elementary school, peaks in middle school and declines in high school. Verbal abuse, on the other hand, remains constant.
- A 2009 survey found that 9 out of 10 LGBT youth reported being verbally harassed at school in the past year because of their sexual orientation.
Another reason I will continue to homeschool my children until they graduate high school. Now I do realize that they can be bullied anywhere at anytime, even online, but they have been educated enough to know that it is wrong and will not be tolerated. This momma bear would not be happy if she found out her child had been bullied and somebody stood by watching and did nothing.
As a parent, I can not believe that other parents let bullying occur in schools without raising the roof off the school building.
Just my personal opinion. They say homeschool kids are not socialized, my teen daughter told me she did not want to socialize with bullies and drama, she wants to learn, that is why she is happy at home.